These analytical papers are designed to review your knowledge of the drama and apply that knowledge to a critical paper. The topics may request that you examine the conflicts, themes, or question a standard theory about the play.
The term tragic hero refers to a central character who has a authoritative status in the drama, but through a flaw in his or her character brings about his or her demise. The flaw may consist of a poor decision that is made and creates a situation the character cannot change or control. The tragic hero recognizes his or her flaw, however there is nothing that can be done to avert tragedy. Macbeth is seen as a tragic hero. Write a paper tracing the sequence of events that contribute to Macbeth’s demise and tragic end.
I. Thesis Statement: Macbeth is seen as a tragic hero. He compromises his honor and negates moral responsibility to attain power and position which result in his tragic end.
II. Definition and characteristics of a tragic hero
3. Poor decision making resulting in a catastrophe
4. Realization of flaw but unable to prevent tragedy
III. The Witches
A. Plan to meet Macbeth
B. Statement that fair is foul, and foul is fair
IV. Allegiance to Scotland and Duncan
A. Battle with Macdonwald
B. Battle with the King of Norway
C. Duncan’s Response
1. Honor bestowed on Macbeth
2. Duncan’s opinion of Macbeth
V. Witches on the battlefield
A. The prophecy
B. Macbeth’s Response
C. Banquo’s Response
VI. Macbeth’s meeting with Duncan
A. Duncan greets Macbeth with respect
B. Macbeth’s reaction to Duncan naming Malcolm as his successor
VII. Decisions made before Macbeth is king
A. Lady Macbeth’s plan
1. Macbeth’s response
2. Lady Macbeth’s Influence on Macbeth
3. Macbeth’s decision
B. Eve of the Murder
1. Floating Dagger
2. Macbeth’s reaction
C. Duncan’s Murder
1. Murder of the guards
D. Discovery of Duncan’s body
1. Macbeth’s reaction
2. Duncan’s sons
3. Macbeth named as king
VIII. Decisions made as King
1. Fear of prophecy
2. Hires Murderers
1. Reaction to Murderers
C. Meeting with the Witches
1. Response to Prophecy
2. Macduff and family
3. Leaving for Dunsinane in England
D. Battle with Malcolm’s forces
1. Dunsinane prophecy
2. Young Siward
3. False sense of security
E. Reactions to Lady Macbeth’s illness and death
F. Meeting Macduff
2. Revealing prophecy to Macduff
3. Macbeth’s realization that the Witches told him half-truths
IX. Macbeth’s tragic end
A. Macduff’s victory
B. Malcolm’s speech
Lady Macbeth is seen as a controlling factor in Macbeth’s life. She is able to control his actions and events. However, she loses control of Macbeth. Write a paper describing what control she has in Macbeth’s life and how the loss of that power contributes to her demise.
I. Thesis Statement: Lady Macbeth’s desire for power prompts her interest in controlling Macbeth’s actions. However, she loses control which contributes to her tragedy.
II. Introduction of Lady Macbeth
A. Reading Macbeth’s letter
B. Witches prophecy fulfilled
C. Opinion of Macbeth
D. Desire for Power
1. Strength needed
2. Her plan
III. Meeting with Macbeth
A. Affection towards each other
B. Lady Macbeth’s plan
IV. Power over Macbeth
A. Macbeth’s Decision about Lady Macbeth’s plan
1. Lady Macbeth’s response to Macbeth
(The entire section is 1614 words.)
Macbeth Research Paper
Tips on Writing a Macbeth Research Paper
Let’s face it – Shakespeare is a literary icon, who has given the world much to thank him for, but analyzing his works in your own words can be a difficult task. Writing a Macbeth research paper would be doubly taxing, as it is based on one of his greatest plays. An opinion would have to be formed on Macbeth, for which you would have to explore his character in depth. Understanding the Shakespearian style of writing requires guidance and skill.
Five Practical Tips That Show You What To Do
- Explore the character of Macbeth in depth. We recommend that you draw up a list of pros and cons. This will help you weigh them against each other. The essay should include your own opinions as well as researched content.
- Look for inspiration from support characters. For example, if you analyze the character of Lady Macbeth, you could understand the character of Macbeth from her point of view.
- Gather relevant support information. If Macbeth’s personality is under scrutiny in your Macbeth research paper, a good tip would be to study the influence of the witches’ forecasts on his friendship with Banquo.
- Take notes in class. Shakespearian prose needs to be simplified. Your curriculum would have provided material that would help you understand it better. Class notes would simplify it further.
- Visit websites that are focused on Shakespeare. You will find many sites dedicated to literature. It is easy to find inspiration and other viewpoints on the same topic.
Should you choose the latter, ResearchPaperWriter.net has provided research paper samples to satisfy the needs of all level of students. These samples would demonstrate the quality of our work. You can buy research papers on Macbeth and other related topics.
The vocabulary can be best understood when experts on the Shakespearian style of writing simplify the language for you. Shakespearian prose is best understood under guidance. We have highly experienced writers qualified to understand Shakespearian prose and decode it for better understanding.
ResearchPaperWriter.net, a pioneering academic writing website, tackles a host of queries regarding research papers revolving around a range of diverse subjects. We offer custom writing services in all subjects, from literary research papers to critical analysis research papers.
Regarding the subject-specific English research papers like the present topic, our panel of writers can lend their expertise to almost every aspect of writing, from the cover page to every minute detail within the text. However, it is of prime importance that you start by thorough going through every scene of all the acts in the play. It is only through repeated reading that you will be able to dig out the hidden innuendoes and puns that are ever-present in his writings.
Practice will make you perfect. ResearchPaperWriter.net can provide support as you master the Shakespearian prose with ease. It can take up any number of repeat assignments. Take action now and order your assignment. We guarantee a quality Macbeth research paper at very nominal rates.