Optometric Assistant Resume Samples
Optometric Assistants, also known as Paraoptometric Assistants, provide support services to an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Example resumes of Optometric Assistants show such duties as conducting visual field tests, as well as other medical tests or photos needed by the doctor; pre-test patients, and assist clients with eyewear sales. While each state has its own educational requirements for Optometric Assistants, most permit on-the-job training. Optometric Assistants do not need to show a license on their resume, though a majority do opt for a post-secondary certificate.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Optometric Assistant Jobs page.
Provided direct patient care in line with the patient's condition, requirements and age
- Helped in collection of data such as Visual Field, Auto Refraction of the lens, pressures of the right and left eye for Glaucoma testing, and Fundus photos upon request
- Oversaw medications as prescribed by O.D. in keeping with specified policies and procedures
- Reinforced patient teaching as determined by the physician by allowing patients to watch interactive contact lens videos and/or demonstrating I&R techniques for first time contact lens wearers
- Identified patient problems and arranged the plan of care with teammates and physicians
- Implemented the care plan as directed by the Physicians or administrative personnel
- Reason for leaving: Miscarriage - needed time for self care and family. Proper notice was given
Checked in patients for appointments, processed new paperwork, updated electronic record in Management Plus EHR.
- Scheduled appointments, answered a multi-line phone system.
- Prepared and maintained patient medical records.
- Verified insurance coverage and eligibility, and informed patients of any co-payments or uninsured services.
- Confirmed appointments 2 days in advance
- Processed patients contact lens orders.
- Billed patients out for exam services, collected co-pays and deductibles.
- Significantly improved patient care and experience through collaborating with doctors and handling patient needs of optical failures.
- Proactively explained in great detail the importance of managing healthy routine and application of certain procedures in regards to chronic diseases.
- Successfully designed advertising campaigns through social networking sites which increased the number of patients by 9%.
Optometric Assistant/retail Customer Service Provider
Assisted the doctors by prepping the patients for the exams
- Met the health needs of the patient/customer via optimal eyewear
- Contributed to increased sales by numerous retail transactions
- Promoted products that increase revenue and benefit the customer
- Maintained integrity of action by holding to the belief that optimal customer service is our number one priority
Trained in the use of Optomap Retinal Imaging, non-contact tonometry and Humphrey's visual field screening
- Performed preliminary tests on patients before being seen by Doctor
- Instructed new contact lens patients on insertion and removal techniques and on proper care of lenses
- Ensured a clean and professional work environment by cleaning examination, preliminary and optical areas
- Cooperated with Office Manager and Doctor on any tasks that needed to be done
Greeted patients and office visitors, directing all people to the appropriate locations and services in courteous, polite and helpful manner.
- Scheduled appointments for patients according to established procedures.
- Respected and maintained privacy of patients, assuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Provided efficient and professional telephone services.
- Obtained and recorded patient preliminary care histories.
- Performed visual eye tests including GDX, Retinal Photography and Visual Fields.
- Assisted patients with frame selection and ordering.
- Ordered office supplies as well as stock frames, lenses and parts.
- Collected and posted fees according to protocol; prepared and balanced daily financial registers
Record all examinations in OfficeMate ExamWriter, between two offices, three nursing homes, and house calls.
- Perform HRT (Heidelberg Retinal Tonomtery), and visual field testing with Humphrey, Dicon, and Oculus machines for glaucoma patients.
- Assess manifest eyeglass prescription using presenting eyglasses, autorefractor readings, and subjective patient responses.
- Assist in moving office toward paperless systems, including installing and troubleshooting software, and integrating image files into OfficeMate.
- Improve scheduling systems to avoid extended wait times, and keep the doctor on schedule.
- Process all insurance billing for nursing home visits, and assist in posting insurance payments to patient records for office visits.
- Integrated non mydriatic fundus camera to patient flow, resulting in enhanced imaging of retinal pathology and improved reimbursement for related medical visits.
Optometric Assistant/billing Specialist/optician
Assisted doctor with patient care including preliminary testing, contact lens insertion and removal, and visual field testing
- Billing and collections, including filing all insurance claims
- Ordered spectacles and contact lenses, measured patients for glasses, adjusted and repaired glasses
- In charge of optical shop inventory and profit
- Prepared patients for Lasik surgery and after care
Obtained and updated patient histories
- Served as an ambassador for health fairs and other community education
- Maintained accurate record keeping by completing monthly patient census forms, daily
- Ensured confidentiality of all patient and employee information and records
- Routed hospital charge tickets, including procedure and diagnosis codes
- Oversaw department contact lens activities
- Performed preliminary diagnostic testing
Senior Optician/optometric Assistant
Worked with Optometrist to increase new patient flow and maintain current patient satisfaction.
- Increased sales per optician 10% - 15% each year.
- Aided in implementing new systems and ideas to reduce unnecessary use of supplies, and better use of company and staff time while keeping profits high and margins low.
- In charge of supplies ordering for the office as well as the doctor, new equipment included.
- Daily collaborating with various insurance companies in order to check patient benefits and information, as well as creating new accounts with insurance companies in order to increase profits and acquire new business.
- Customer care advocate which includes; listening to any patient or customer complaint, taking steps to elicit necessary change to avoid future issues (i.e. teammate training or policy changes) and ensuring the issuer of the complaint feels secure and happy with the resolution.
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Dear Mr. Willis
I would make a welcome addition to the staff at London Eye Care Centre as an Optometric Assistant. My qualifications outlined in detail in the attached resume include certification as a Medical Assistant on-the-job training I have acquired over the past six years and a passion for helping patients receive quality eye care.
During my six years working at Main Street Eye Associates as an Optometric Assistant I demonstrated an ability to perform a variety of administrative and clinical duties. I have firsthand experience performing basic diagnostic testing accurately recording the results of these tests in a database measuring vision testing eye functions and providing eye care instructions to patients.
My organisational skills would come in handy at your office. I am able to prioritise tasks effectively including preparing exam rooms cleaning equipment ensuring that all necessary equipment is out for the doctor to use making appointments answering phones and passing messages from patients onto the doctor.
You will also benefit from my ability to incorporate new database management techniques into office procedures to increase efficiency by ensuring that all patient information is easily accessible. I am available to schedule an interview at a time that works best for you.