Terrorism is a trouble for our country. Terrorist use violent methods to scare government and ordinary people. We have written a useful essay for class 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 students. You can choose any one according to your need.
Related essays: Status of women in India, Population Explosion
Essay on Terrorism (200 words)
Terrorism is a severe problem for the world. Terrorists follow violent methods to terrify the Government and the public. Their main aim is to cause fear in everybody's heart. They are opposed to non-violent and peaceful methods of getting their grievances redressed. The Government, in spite of their sincere efforts to contend them, fail miserably. The terrorists go on with their bloody activities. The public feels that their Government is unable to check the terrorists.
The terrorists are very active in Punjab, Jammu-Kashmir and Assam. The terroristic activities began in Punjab with the moral support of the Government machinery at the Centre to contend the popularity of the Akali Morcha. But the terrorists, in the course of time, posed a danger to our national integration. Now the Government at the Centre ordered for a military operation which killed many of the terrorists including their arch-leader.This incident hurt the religious sentiment of the people of Punjab.And it helped the militants become more active. Punjab has ruled several times. After long and all corners, the terroristic activities have become less Punjab and peace prevails almost everywhere in been under the State.
It is necessary that all political attempts should be made to end terrorism at all levels.
Essay on Terrorism (400 to 500 words)
Terrorism is the way of creating terror in the country to achieve the desired goal. It is spreading like a wildfire in almost all the nations of the world. And India is not an exception to it. Terrorists are very active in our country, especially in Kashmir, Punjab and Assam.Our daily papers are full of their destructive activities.
Opposed to non-violent methods to redress grievances:
Once the Indians all fought together with the British rule with a hope to find peace and prosperity in future. But soon after our independence, the people of some regions felt that their hopes were dashed to the ground some of our central leaders, instead of paying loving attention to their grievance, tried to play a dirty political game with them. So the local leaders of those regions wanted their youth-power to resort to terroristic activities.Some of our neighbouring countries took advantage of this situation and made capital out of it. They extended every help to these terrorists to disrupt law and order in India.
Besides, our weak education system, acute unemployment problem, unsolved regional grievances and corruption in the administration have incited our youth and created anger in their hearts against the Government manned by selfish leaders. The government, on the other hand, have followed a delay policy in solving these problems. This has enabled the terrorists to gain public support and consolidate their stand.
Problems in Jammu Kashmir:
The people of Jammu Kashmir have their problems ever since they joined India. Some organisations took advantage of their feelings and started terroristic activities. The JKLF is one such organisation which gets every help from Pakistan to create violence in the valley. After a lot of turmoil for years together in the state, a Government has been formed by a regional
party headed by Farooq Abdullah. The Chief Minister gave a call to the terrorists to surrender their trips and join the mainstream. Some of the militants responded to the call but some others, instigated by Pakistan, are still causing violence in the valley.
The ULFA and Bodo terrorists are involved in violence in Assam and harass the innocent folk. The military operation to check them achieved little success. The Naxalites are quite active in Andhra Pradesh and the border districts of Orissa. They also create violence, and the Government machinery fail to contend them.
Strick Law, Public Co-Operation and The reform measure by the Government:
The terrorism has taken a massive toll of millions of innocent lives. Some important leaders and officials of our country like Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, Bryant Singh. General Vaidya fell victims to the terrorists. Now the Government should take active steps against the terrorists. Strict laws should be made to suppress them. The national and regional leaders should show their sincerity in solving this problem for the sake of the country.Special forces should be deployed in such areas to check terrorism. The public and the press should extend all cooperation of the Government in this mission. The Government should take reform measures to redress the long-standing grievances of the people. They should see that the regional problems are settled amicably.
The men in the Government should rise above dirty politics and pay sincere and sympathetic attention to all issues. They should always keep in their mind that country is first and everything next.
Essay on my Class Teacher
Simple Essay on Environmental Pollution
Short and Simple Essay on Patriotism
The truth is there is no definitive answer to this question. The number of words it will take to fill a page will depend on a number of factors including the type of font used, the font size, spacing elements, the margins used on the paper, the paragraph length, etc. For example, if the assignment says the writing should be in 10-point font, it’s going to take a greater number of words to fill a page than if the assignment requires a 12-point font.
For those who need a general rule of thumb, a typical page which has 1-inch margins and is typed in 12 point font with standard spacing elements will be approximately 500 words when typed single spaced. For assignments that require double spacing, it would take approximately 250 words to fill the page. For an assignment that requires you to write four pages, you can make the estimation that you’ll need to write approximately 2000 words for a single spaced paper, or 1000 words if the assignment is double spaced. Again, the type of font used can make the word count higher or lower, but it’s a good rule of thumb for those who are simply looking for a general estimation.
Since there can be a large variation on the number of words needed to fill a page, most papers are no longer assigned by page count. They are instead assigned by word count. That is, an assignment, essay or paper will likely be assigned as 1500 – 2000 words rather than 3 – 4 pages. This way it is much more difficult for the writer to “game the system” by using large fonts and excessive spacing to meet the writing criteria.
If you are given a writing assignment with a page number, the best thing to do is go directly to the person who made the assignment and ask for a word count. This will take away all the variations and help ensure your writing assignment meets expectations. If it’s for something informal and you simply need a general guideline, you can find it below.
How many pages is…
The below list is an approximation, and actual pages will differ depending on a number of factors mentioned earlier in this article. Use the below information for a general reference, but don’t assume it will be the case at all times. Here are basic word to pages conversions:
- 500 words is 1 page single spaced, 2 pages double spaced.
- 1,000 words is 2 pages single spaced 4 pages double spaced.
- 1,500 words is 3 pages single spaced, 6 pages double spaced.
- 2,000 words is 4 pages single spaced, 8 pages double spaced.
- 2,500 words is 5 pages single spaced, 10 pages double spaced.
- 3,000 words is 6 pages single spaced, 12 pages double spaced.
- 4,000 words is 8 pages single spaced, 16 pages double spaced.
- 5,000 words is 10 pages single spaced, 20 pages double spaced.
- 7,500 words is 15 pages single spaced, 30 pages double spaced.
- 10,000 words is 20 pages single spaced, 40 pages double spaced.
- 20,000 words is 40 pages single spaced, 80 pages double spaced.
- 25,000 words is 50 pages single spaced, 100 pages double spaced.
- 30,000 words is 60 pages single spaced, 120 pages double spaced.
- 40,000 words is 80 pages single spaced, 160 pages double spaced.
- 50,000 words is 100 pages single spaced, 200 pages double spaced.
- 60,000 words is 120 pages single spaced, 240 pages double spaced.
- 70,000 words is 140 pages single spaced, 280 pages double spaced.
- 75,000 words is 150 pages single spaced, 300 pages double spaced.
- 80,000 words is 160 pages single spaced, 320 pages double spaced.
- 90,000 words is 180 pages single spaced, 360 pages double spaced.
- 100,000 words is 200 pages single spaced, 400 pages double spaced.
Below are basic pages to words conversions:
- 1 page is 500 words single spaced, 250 words double spaced.
- 2 pages is 1,000 words single spaced, 500 words double spaced.
- 3 pages is 1,500 words single spaced, 750 words double spaced.
- 4 pages is 2,000 words single spaced, 1,000 words double spaced.
- 5 pages is 2,500 words single spaced, 1,250 words double spaced.
- 6 pages is 3,000 words single spaced, 1,500 words double spaced.
- 7 pages is 3,500 words single spaced, 1,750 words double spaced.
- 8 pages is 4,000 words single spaced, 2,000 words double spaced.
- 9 pages is 4,500 words single spaced, 2,250 words double spaced.
- 10 pages is 5,000 words single spaced, 2,500 words double spaced.
- 15 pages is 7,500 words single spaced, 3,750 words double spaced.
- 20 pages is 10,000 words single spaced, 5,000 words double spaced.
- 25 pages is 12,500 words single spaced, 6,250 words double spaced.
- 30 pages is 15,000 words single spaced, 7,500 words double spaced.
- 40 pages is 20,000 words single spaced, 10,000 words double spaced.
- 50 pages is 25,000 words single spaced, 12,500 words double spaced.
- 60 pages is 30,000 words single spaced, 15,000 words double spaced.
- 70 pages is 35,000 words single spaced, 17,500 words double spaced.
- 75 pages is 37,500 words single spaced, 18,750 words double spaced.
- 80 pages is 40,000 words single spaced, 20,000 words double spaced.
- 90 pages is 45,000 words single spaced, 22,500 words double spaced.
- 100 pages is 50,000 words single spaced, 25,000 words double spaced.
(Photo courtesy of Horia Varlan)